What is Ram cylinder | Definition, Construction, Working, and more
When piston is larger and almost equal to the piston rod, it is known as ram cylinder.
- It consists of cylinder in which ram Or plunger is mounted. The plunger is a larger size piston with d=l. Hence piston and piston rod are same as a single element.
- The platform is provided at the top of the ram for placing the heavy loads conveniently.
- The single inlet is provided in the cylinder for oil feed. The r is always mounted vertically. It is single acting type.
- When pressurised oil enter through inlet, it will lift the ram in the upward direction. The load is lifted to the required height.
- When oil supply is cut off to lower the load, the ram come downward die to gravity force and oil is drained to the tank through the outlet port.
- Commonly used as a lift in a automobile service station.
- Material handling equipments
- If you want video of this topic, then click below link
- How Ram cylinder work?
You may also read…